- Declaration files are how the Typescript compiler knows about the type information(or shape) of an object.
- They're what make intellisense work and make Typescript know all about your code.
- A wildcard module is declared below to allow third party libraries to be used in an app even if they don't
- provide their own type declarations.
- To learn more about using third party libraries in an Ionic app, check out the docs here:
- For more info on type definition files, check out the Typescript docs here:
- declare module '*';